Sunday

Leave Letters.

This is a collection of leave letters and applications
written by people in various places of India.

A candidate's application: "This has reference to your
advertisement calling for a 'typist and an accountant
- Male or Female'... As I am both for the past several
years and I can handle both, I am applying for the
post.

I.T.I., Bangalore: An employee applied for leave as
follows: Since I have to go to my village to sell my
land along with my wife. Please sanction me one-week
leave.

Another employee applied for half day leave as
follows: "Since I've to go to the cremation ground at
10 o-clock and I may not return, please grant me half
day casual leave"

A leave letter to the headmaster: "As I am studying in
this school I am suffering from headache. I request
you to leave me today"

An incident of a leave letter "I am suffering from
fever, please declare one day holiday.

Another leave letter written to the headmaster: As my
headache is paining, please grant me leave for the
day.

A covering note: "I am enclosed herewith..."

Another one: "Dear Sir: with reference to the above,
please refer to my below..."

>From H.A.L. Administration dept: As my mother-in-law
has expired and I am responsible for it, please grant
me 10 days leave.

Actual letter written for application of leave: "My
wife is suffering from sickness and as I am her only
husband at home I may be granted leave".

Letter writing: - "I am in well here and hope you are
also in the same well."

Another gem from I.T.I. Leave-letter from an employee
who was performing his daughter's wedding: "as I am
marrying my daughter, please grant a week's leave.."

This is from N.A.L. Bangalore: From an employee who
was performing the "mundan" ceremony of his 10 Year
old son: "as I want to shave my son's head, please
leave me for two days.."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home